Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I knew there was a reason I became a photographer.

A few weeks ago, a good friend of mine approached me and asked if I would do nude photos of her -- nothing racy, just artistic photos. She said she wanted them because one day she'll be an old lady and she wants to be able to remember herself in her prime. Can't argue with that logic.

I must tell you I can't remember that last time I faced such an agonizing decision. Talk about having your arm twisted! After deliberating over her request for approximately 1.8 seconds, I agreed to it. Portrait photography -- including nude photography -- is something that I've been wanting to explore and work on and this seemed like a perfect opportunity to do just that.

This past Saturday was the big day. We found a secluded spot in a far flung park and did the shoot. It went pretty well! I realized that I have a knack for this stuff and, *gasp* actually kind of know what I'm doing. Despite the cold weather, my friend was a real trooper and had no problem getting into the swing of it. Because things went so well, we plan on doing a studio shoot in the near future. I will be sure and post photos from that shoot once it's done.

Here a couple of photos from Saturday's shoot. For obvious reasons, I can't show you very many of the shots here on my photoblog. If you would like to see the rest of the photos, please email me and I'll give you the password to the gallery that houses them. And yes, my friend is fine with that -- she agreed that the photos should be viewable to all who want to see them. Otherwise, what's the point?

Lastly, I'd like to give a shout out to my girlfriend, Stephanie, who was cool enough to allow me to do this. Thanks, babe!

Without further ado, I give you Genevieve.

No comments: