Monday, September 17, 2007

Third time's a charm.

Well, I think it's official: I'm a bona-fide Renaissance Festival junkie. And, like all junkies, I just had to get my fix again yesterday. Which, of course, means that I've got some more photos to show you.

I know, I know, you're probably thinking "What? More photos from Ren Fest (that's what we junkies call it)? C'mon Kory, it's time for something new! Enough of your beer drinking escapades!" Now, I can see where you might think that, but these photos are special. So special in fact that I did not consume one single drop of Guiness the entire day. (No, that's not a typo.) I was much too enthralled with photographing all the colorful characters I met. (Besides, I already drank all the Guiness they had the last time I was there, remember?)

I'd like to show you photos of everyone I met, but alas, I haven't the time. (But you can see them in my Renaissance Gallery if you'd like.) Therefore, I am only going to show you photos of one special character. I say "character" because she is not a person, at least not in the traditional sense. She is a fairy. I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. She is unlike anyone I've ever encountered.

You know how once in awhile, you meet someone who has that certain something? That magical quality that just draws you to them? Well, she has it. The way she flows through a crowd, the way she interacts with kids without uttering a single word, the twinkle in her eyes, it's magic. Real magic. I know it may seem like I'm overly gushing about her, but if you ever meet her, you'll understand.

Without further ado, I give you Twig Oaklyn Flewinia Thistlebottom.

No comments: